Thursday, 10 June 2010

April 2nd 2005, Chenai 21:46

Met the dude from Teaching and Projects fairly easily outside the airport (at least, I think it's him. He checked me into a hotel and bought me dinner, but it could all be a ploy to either steal my money or my innocence or both). Then we had a crazy taxi ride through Chennai rush hour. there's so much to see that at times I don't know where to look. Crazy things are happing everywhere, like the dude riding his old racing bike non-hander through the mental traffic whilst wiping his face on his shirt. And the hooting!! Constant, constant hooting. I'm sure my taxi driver was only using his out of habit or boredom. And has no one heard of seat belts/helmets.lanes in the road? It's all pretty fantastic and which makes it more and more difficult to avoid Cliché like "contrast" and "vibrancy". Like when I passed a grand brand new sky scraper, with some massive corporate logo outside right next to some homeless people sleeping under yellow tarpaulin.

Anyway, I've had a shower and a shave and spent a little golden time (i.e. had a relaxing dump) before a nice nap. Went down for dinner, had a starter of rice with cashew nuts and three chapatis. Except then it turned out not to be a starter at all. It was the whole meal and now I'm starving and a little angry. Also, I tried the sauce that the the TPA guy said was a bit like Soy Sauce. Again, this was a lie. It wasn't at all. It was more like some kind of chilli paste and was pretty hot. Still, nothing compares to that little green bastard from on the aeroplane and I get the feeling I'm going to have to get used to sweating and constantly blowing my nose when I'm eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment