So, this is India! And what a strange place it is. the airport is modern-ish and air-conditioned, but smells damp and must- almost like soil, or how I would imagine a rain forest to smell. It's in the mid/late 20degrees, but feels very humid. On the runway outside, private jets and huge airliners flank massive shanty towns. The Indian army are strutting around with old Russian automatics and their funny beige uniforms. Also, I don't think my ears have fully recovered from he flight yet, which gives everything I hear a muffled strangeness which just adds to the surrealism of me actually being in India. Plus, the air conditioning is noisy and bloody annoying, I can't find an ATM, I'm thirst , a little bored and my lips are dry cracked and sore. So far I can see why we gave the Indians back their country, although of course I've only seen the inside of one airport so far.
I've also lost the ability to write in straight lines without having to think about it. Oh well, only four more months...
Oh, and apparently in India when crisps are called "spicy" they really are, instead of the just the shitty sweet imitation that we get in the UK. Maybe this isn't going to be so bad after all...
No comments:
Post a Comment